Every Thursday night we hold a barbeque at the Watchhouse that is open to all guests. The food is free and the cellar open. Small beer is on tap and, for a modest fee, wine can be had by the bottle.
Although it officially starts at sunset we welcome early arrivals. There's even a meet-and-greet with Hog Teo! An opportunity not to be missed.
BBQ Menu (varies)
- Swamp Rat
- This is a staple at Hog's Hangout, but don't let this simple dish deceive you. With Teo's secret blend of herbs and spices, this rat is simply to die for. The signature dish of Hog's Hangout must be tasted to be believed.
- Varmint in Swamp Leaves
- We take small rodents, wrap them in the leaves of swamp vegetation and roast them on the grill. Excellent with either BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.
- Nothing quite says 'swamp' like a freshly killed and cooked gator. Available uncooked as well.
- Fish of the Day
- Whatever Hog has caught will be fried by our master chef, Teo. Hog fishes for this all week because he knows his guests are hungry.
- Found Food
- Our ancestors were hunters and gatherers, and the staff at Hog's Hangout continues this fine tradition today. We comb the swamps, woods, fields and roadsides for the finest selection of nuts, berries and animals this side of the Mississippi.
I was down on my luck and stuck in Trenton, New Jersey. I was tired of the city and just wanted to get back to Dixie where I belong. Then I found out about Hog's Hangout and their special rates for financial hardship cases. They accepted charges on my collect phone call and express mailed my tickets the same day! Now I'm about to go to an all you can eat buffet—all courtesy of the resort! Hog's Hangout is simply the best!
— Harry Hedgehog, New Jersey