Every Thursday night we hold a barbeque at the Watchhouse that is open to all guests. The food is free and the cellar open. Small beer is on tap and, for a modest fee, wine can be had by the bottle.
Although it officially starts at sunset we welcome early arrivals. There's even a meet-and-greet with Hog Teo! An opportunity not to be missed.
BBQ Menu (varies)
- Swamp Rat
- This is a staple at Hog's Hangout, but don't let this simple dish deceive you. With Teo's secret blend of herbs and spices, this rat is simply to die for. The signature dish of Hog's Hangout must be tasted to be believed.
- Varmint in Swamp Leaves
- We take small rodents, wrap them in the leaves of swamp vegetation and roast them on the grill. Excellent with either BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.
- Nothing quite says 'swamp' like a freshly killed and cooked gator. Available uncooked as well.
- Fish of the Day
- Whatever Hog has caught will be fried by our master chef, Teo. Hog fishes for this all week because he knows his guests are hungry.
- Found Food
- Our ancestors were hunters and gatherers, and the staff at Hog's Hangout continues this fine tradition today. We comb the swamps, woods, fields and roadsides for the finest selection of nuts, berries and animals this side of the Mississippi.
I've taken the whole family the last three summers and it has been a blast! Little Johnny got lost on the Roundabout, but found his way back to the cabin anyway. Sally successfully fended off a gator with nothing more than a sharp stick! Its great for the kids to experience nature in such a unique way and learn skills they can use at home.
— Family Man, Detroit