Every Thursday night we hold a barbeque at the Watchhouse that is open to all guests. The food is free and the cellar open. Small beer is on tap and, for a modest fee, wine can be had by the bottle.
Although it officially starts at sunset we welcome early arrivals. There's even a meet-and-greet with Hog Teo! An opportunity not to be missed.
BBQ Menu (varies)
- Swamp Rat
- This is a staple at Hog's Hangout, but don't let this simple dish deceive you. With Teo's secret blend of herbs and spices, this rat is simply to die for. The signature dish of Hog's Hangout must be tasted to be believed.
- Varmint in Swamp Leaves
- We take small rodents, wrap them in the leaves of swamp vegetation and roast them on the grill. Excellent with either BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.
- Nothing quite says 'swamp' like a freshly killed and cooked gator. Available uncooked as well.
- Fish of the Day
- Whatever Hog has caught will be fried by our master chef, Teo. Hog fishes for this all week because he knows his guests are hungry.
- Found Food
- Our ancestors were hunters and gatherers, and the staff at Hog's Hangout continues this fine tradition today. We comb the swamps, woods, fields and roadsides for the finest selection of nuts, berries and animals this side of the Mississippi.
My ranger unit was getting bored with being back in country after a few days so I got leave approved, we geared up and headed over to Hog's. It was like being back on rotation, and Hog didn't raise an eyebrow about what we were carrying and no one asked what we were doing. We'd've stayed longer, but someone from battalion managed to find the Watch House and hauled us back in. After I get out of the stockade I'm going back!
— Danger Ranger, Kentucky